Wednesday 31 July 2013

REVIEW: Diorskin Nude BB Creme (shade- 01/Light)



A product that seems to have subtly fallen off the shelf a bit, promotion-wise, I like this light to medium strength cover up for summer weather- or moments when you'd like really like to pretend that you're bare-faced! I've been wearing this with little dresses for a summer 'simple' look, and had some lovely comments in reaction *blush*!


A little similar to my previously purchased Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua, but with a nicely creamy base formula and slightly heavier coverage, this is a great alternative for those with slightly drier skin, who are looking for a more natural matte effect (like me!) and something you don't have to shake before applying...

Since purchase, I have used this as a daily basic, as it's light texture subtly smooths out my skin tone and blends over all sorts of mild imperfections- from shadows under the eyes and small scars, to the mark on your nose left from wearing glasses at work! Also great for evening out red or purple shadows, but you may need a dot of concealer (and a good night's sleep!) if they're really bad...

I do have dry skin, and so tend not to get too many blemishes, but this product layers nicely to minimize redness for these, and isn't oily, so shouldn't make the situation too much worse (although I strongly advocate treatment and not concealing wherever possible- the witchhazel products you can buy at your local shops are great for this).

Easily removed but with good coverage, I've recently returned from Ibiza, where I tested this for heat resistance. Good news! Even in 30C heat this didn't transfer, and you couldn't tell that I was wearing foundation even up close. It even stood up to a gentle sunset dip in the pool reasonably well, which surprised me, as I've had light coverage foundations and BB's vanish at the sight of water before, leaving me with my bikini and under-eye-bags on show!

Can you tell I'm wearing DiorSkin Nude?

01 is great for really pale skinned people like me, but the clever people at Dior have also come up with three shades in a ' Diorskin Tan' option to cover more skin types. With 6 shades widely available in the UK and abroad, you've a reasonable chance of finding something that will work well for you, I'd have thought. However, this does mean that you might want to check that the salesperson has given you the right box!

Let me know what you think/if you've tried this!

Love, 

Emma xx


1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Laura! It really has become a makeup bag staple for me very quickly :) Love your blog name! x

    ReplyDelete