Thursday 15 August 2013

Liebster Award Nomination



 I accept!

To be completely clear, there will be no oscar-winner tears/speeches/champagne...However, to have a blog considered interesting enough to be nominated by someone who's writing I respect and follow avidly is reward enough, I think, for most newbie bloggers!

The rules will be posted at the end, if you're one of my nominees/looking for my questions...

 
So at this point I have to reveal all my secrets, and answer the questions passed on by Niamh/RebelRose.....

---------------------------------------------x-------------------------------------

1)What is the first thing that pops into your head? Popping candy. It's fantastic.

 
2) Describe yourself in three words.
Quirky. Loving. Contracts (shouldn't be doing this at lunchtime in the office...!)
 
3)why did you start blogging?
Because I wanted to connect with people who loved the same things that I do, and share in a community of people with good tips, tricks and product advice. I kept blogging because I love writing, and have found this pretty addictive!
 
4) Do you agree with the leibster award in what it is trying to promote?
I'm old enough (just) to remember chain emails/letters, and although this runs along similar lines, I like the idea that this will connect similarly minded bloggers and give them a little boost from their friends/networks!
 
5) what do you like best about blogging?
The way you can find people who are as addicted to a product as you are, check out bad buys without wasting a penny and make new friends along the way.
 
6) What do you dislike about blogging?
It's tough to start out! It can be demoralizing if you're not getting many comments and lots of page views, but this will (hopefully) improve as the blog gets more established :)
 
7) Who are your fashion/beauty icons? They can be male or female.
I love Emma Stone and Amy Adams (as a fellow redheads) and I love Vivienne Westwood

 
8)What is the best thing you like most about the place where you are from/living?
Oxford is the original quirky. Full of kooky academics, and ridiculously bright young things, there are new (and old) looks everywhere and people are generally accepting/tolerant of most looks.


9) Do you fake tan?
Snicker. If it would work on my ghostly pallor, I would, but there is nothing which will look natural on my whiter-than-white. Porcelain just doesn't cover it! 
 
10) which do you prefer in a look-natural or glamorous?
I like a strong look, but wouldn't classify it glamorous. Maybe 'strong/natural'? I like features to really stand out on a face, whether this is by applying color or just darkening whatever is already there :)

 
11) Have you ever been caught doing something you shouldn't have? (Not necessarily breaking the law, but if it applies here to you then go on ahead.)


Oooh, what a question! I've never broken the law, but am constantly in fear of being caught with my hand in the biscuit tin... Does that count? I've also walked on the grass in a variety of places with 'do not walk on the grass signs..!'


---------------------------------------------------------x----------------------------------------
  
So- on to the important bits!


My Nominees (and these are all people who write new(ish) blogs that I read regularly):



The Rules:
 
So once you have been nominated you will need to follow these rules, that is if you decided to accept the nomination.
 
You will need post a blog post with the following included:

1. Accepting the award
2. Answer the questions set by the blogger who nominated you
3. Nominate 5-11 other bloggers (try to avoid repeats) for the award
4. Set 5-11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer (one for each nominee!)
5. Please place the Liebster Badge on your post

Just remember when you nominate other bloggers you should post on their blog or send an email just to notify them that they have been nominated by you. The quickest way to explain what's what is to give them a link to the rules which can be the link to your blog post. You also need to list the nominees on your blog with links so others can gain access.

My questions to nominees are as follows:

1) Do you prefer a pink, red, nude or berry lip?
2) Why did you decide to call your blog by that particular name?
3) If you were marooned on an island with only your 5 favorite make-up items (no skincare!) what would they be?
4) What has surprised you about yourself most recently?
5) What one thing has really made you angry or happy in the past few months? 

Please do go and check out the gorgeous Rebel Rose's blog! (Thanks for the nomination, Niamh!)

1 comment:

  1. oh you make oxford sound amazing, I do love the eccentric academic type. Love Emma Stone too x

    ReplyDelete